Sunday, September 10, 2006

All blogged down....

Classes have begun! All my courses are new this year, so every class preparation is a new preparation. I spend an entire day to prepare for two classes, and often more.

The bad news is, I have not been able to blog much lately.

The good news is, I have not seen Ray Moose or his ilk around campus. To tell the truth, there has not been much to blog about: I spend all my time reading good books and talking to intelligent faculty and students.

OK, I did read something by Nestorius recently. But he was not ignorant--he just couldn't distinguish between the individual and the instantiated nature, that's all.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This puts me in the mood for my favorite Twain quote. Obviously, the rumors of your death have been greatly exaggerated.

...the rumors of your blogging death, not quite so exaggerated. But that's a "death" you can come back from fairly easily.

And have no fear. Ray Moose is not gone. He may not be hanging around you at the moment, but he's alive and well in other places.

Emily said...

Glad to see another post, Ignoramus. I can understand the lack of time factor, though. My blog has been somewhat neglected lately, too - at least as far as intelligent content goes.

You still haven't come to lunch, Fr. Barry. Are you sure you know who I am? :) I keep smiling at you when I see you in my library.

Adeoamata said...

I'm glad to have stumbled upon your blog, and I intend to visit it to help retain my sanity while I'm kept here at Ray Moose Community College and Training Facility. You'd be amazed how quickly you can forget that there are others who know truth exists.

-a student who guesses has been a student of yours?

Emily said...

Not quite, Elizabeth - my other half is a student of his (or at least will be next semester, when he starts his first course with the Ignoramus) - - it was a good guess though. All of the ppl on this comments board share a common place of intellectual origin, even if only two of us are there right now . . . :)

Adeoamata said...

Ah, well, nice to meet you, Mr. Ignoramus... sorry for thinking you were "Mr. The" etc. (Son of Harris will get that one, in any event.)

Sapientiae Amator said...

Happy Feast of St. Nicholas! I tagged you for a Christmas meme you can find on my blog.

Now we can all enjoy another post from you. :)