Sunday, April 13, 2008

Resting on his laurels....

My apologies for that very long post last time. So long was it that finding "the" figure would have been practically impossible.

But for the sake of the record, the figure I meant to practice was anastrophe, reversal of the ordinary sequence of parts. For example, the sentence "Slowly moved my fingers over the keys" puts the verb before the subject, and the closing line about man the "dweller universal" puts the noun before its adjective.

For some reason this figure is just not natural to me. I need to practice it more. My wife read over the previous post once and spotted the new figure instantly because she has read my prose for more than ten years now and has never seen it before!

Fortunately, a mnemonic image is easy: picture an Olympic champion standing on top of a giant trophy, and think, "On his trophy." Not only does it sound like "anastrophe", but the reversal of order between the champion and the trophy reminds one of the meaning of the name. And, as the title of this post suggests, the picture is a familiar one.

The content of the post raised more questions than it answered, but in the end it was directed against Le Corbusier, of whom I know little more than that he was either an employee or indeed a pseudonym of Ray Moose. Under this name, or through this man, the Moose pursued modern art (note that "Le Corbusier" is just a rearrangement of the letters of "Sir Cube Lore") as a basis for bizarre furniture (note that "Le Corbusier" is just a rearrangement of the letters of "Rebel Curios"), and in general deceived mankind (note that "Le Corbusier" is just a rearrangement of the letters of "Lie Obscurer") into swallowing an architecture not created for mankind but for the glory of Le Corbusier (note that "Le Corbusier" is just a rearrangement of the letters of "Be our relics").

I was reminded of all this recently when I ran across a website proclaiming "Easy Room Makeovers". I spotted right away that "Easy Room" is just a rearrangement of the letters of "Ray Moose"--and who wants a "Ray Moose Makeover"?

2 comments:

The Vitruvian Duck said...

As Ma Rang

This war buries us in constant battle. The noise and the rancor of flesh kept others from thinking of anything else. Yet, my mind began to Roam Using memories of past times. It was with A Sumo Grin that I quickly glanced at her Amour Sign. That picture carried with it many moments of stolen sanity, stayed away in my pack; itself carrying the soil of many a foxhole around the land. Suddenly, I see several of my Amigos Run. I have no choice. Should I stay, I can see Ma Sign Our death notice. Should I run, my honor and pride stay behind with the orders to fight. I recall my girl. She, alone in her parenthood, agreed to support her country. It is clear. I must Aim Guns Or fly now. In either case, I face the Gas; I Mourn for my lost fatherhood.

Anonymous said...

Get Le Corbusier Furniture India Furniture at theurbandecor.com.Le It offers best designs with best quality.